Florence Green Smart City
Florence's Green Smart City project envisions a city where: - public spaces are conducive to health, - mobility is intermodal, integrated, efficient, and accessible to all, - resources are used efficiently, - and the economy is circular.
- Mobility solutions: Adoption of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) to realize an intermodal transport system including the extension of tramway lines, e-mobility infrastructures (superfast recharging stations and smart grid), accelerating the shift to electric taxi/bus/public fleets, increasing elements of soft mobility (cycling path and pedestrian areas),enhancing car and bike sharing options, tracking real-time traffic management, and utilizing green shield to limit vehicles access through telematic doors.
- Resources and Energy efficiency: Structural Plan Zero Volumes; retrofitting and district heating; boiler replacement plan; smart lighting.
- Smart city and IoT: Management in real-time of a large amount of data collected by sensors for a resilient city via Smart City Control Room, launch a green information system to manage a green registry office, develop smart irrigation, and provide digital services for citizens such as apps.
- Citizens’ engagement: host “listening marathons” to allow citizens to be involved in the decision-making process and implementation of projects.
- Circular city: Planning for plastic-free, urban greenery, urban agriculture, and food-waste management.