NewCities Foundation is registered as a non-profit organization in Canada, in Switzerland and the United States (where we are a tax deductible 501 (c) 3).
NewCities is governed by a Board of Directors which has financial and administrative responsibility for the organization.
A Board of Trustees assists the Board of Directors and helps define NewCities strategy. It is composed of recognized global leaders from the public, private, and academic sectors engaged in issues of urbanization, innovation, architecture and design and policy.
Board of Trustees
- John Rossant*, Chairman
- Fahd Al-Rasheed, Managing Director and CEO, Emaar, The Economic City
- Maxwell L. Anderson, President, Souls Grown Deep Foundation
- Henri d’Arenberg, Chairman, be.Source, a private foundation under Belgian law
- Yuval Bar-Zemer, Co-Founder and General Manager, Linear City Development LLC
- Wim Elfrink, President, Digitalization Ventures
- Philippe Gex*
- Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman and Managing Director, Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.
- Caspar Herzberg, President of Middle East & Africa Region, Schneider Electric
- Lady Barbara Judge, Chair, Institute of Directors (UK)
- Parag Khanna, Managing Partner, Hybrid Reality Pte Ltd
- George Klein, Chairman, Park Tower Group
- Daniel Libeskind, Architect, Studio Daniel Libeskind
- Anil Menon, President, Smart+Connected Communities (S+CC), Cisco
- Ryan Klem, Director of Programs and Partnerships, Toyota Mobility Foundation
- John Porter, Porter Foundation
- Ezra Suleiman, IBM Professor in International Studies, Professor of Politics, Princeton University
- Elie Vannier*
*denotes Trustees who also serve as NewCities Foundation Directors