Applications to the 2020 Wellbeing Cities Award are now closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter for information on the announcement of laureates during the Wellbeing Cities Forum and for the 2021 Award!
- 1. Join a strong global network dedicated to urban wellbeing. Connect with representatives from more than 100 participating cities from 30 countries in 5 continents.
- 2. Share best practices with like-minded professionals. The Award aims to put on a global stage the most innovative solutions for urban wellbeing, allowing policy-makers, planners and leaders from around the world to share best practices and learn from one another.
- 3. Spread the word about your initiative. Last year, the work of our applicant and laureate cities generated more than 500 media hits on platforms such as The Huffington Post, Smart Cities World, The Monocle Urbanist podcast… On social media, our stories of urban wellbeing reached nearly 19 million people around the world.
- 4. Boost your work on wellbeing. Applying to the Award provides an opportunity to obtain feedback and reflect on the success of your initiatives for wellbeing.
Benefits to laureate cities
Laureates of the Wellbeing Cities Award are placed at the heart of a global conversation on a key urban issue. They are invited to take part in NewCities’ activities throughout the year following their selection to promote their work on urban wellbeing.
Visibility and Media
- Promotion of their initiative in local and global media through a dedicated media campaign spearheaded by NewCities;
- An invitation to showcase their initiative on a global stage at the Wellbeing Cities Forum during a dedicated session;
- Invitations to other relevant urban innovation events to be organized by NewCities and partners;
- Recognition and visibility as Wellbeing Cities;
- Access to NewCities’ extensive network of urban leaders worldwide.
Knowledge sharing with peers
- An opportunity to lead a thematic workshop during the Wellbeing Cities Forum to explore their initiatives with experts and professionals;
- An invitation to participate in working groups on policy and planning for wellbeing during the Forum;
- Personalized networking opportunities arranged by the NewCities team.