Position: Communications Intern
Location: Montréal, Canada
NewCities is looking for a part-time Communications Intern to join its team in Montréal, Canada as of September 25, 2017 for a period of 3 months. The intern will report directly to the Communications Coordinator and will be working on LA CoMotion, an initiative by NewCities.
LA CoMotion is a unique five-day event bringing together the global leaders of the urban mobility revolution – a revolution that is set to transform every city in the world, large and small. The first edition of LA CoMotion takes place in Downtown Los Angeles’ vibrant Arts District from November 15-19 2017.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support all communication and marketing initiatives for LA CoMotion
- Support the daily management of LA CoMotion’s social media accounts (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr)
- Update media lists and research new press contacts for Los Angeles and global media
- Daily monitoring of urban mobility issues in L.A. and global media
- Support the development of press and social media toolkits
- Fluent/native English speaker with solid English-writing skills
- Experience working with social media platforms for international events is an asset
- Interest and/or general knowledge in urban mobility issues (autonomous vehicles, urban public transport, sustainable mobility solutions, clean technology, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Part-time internship from September 25 – December 22, 2017.
- Monthly stipend
- Bring your own device
- Candidates must have valid papers to work in Quebec, Canada
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full-time student
Please send your cover letter and CV to Andreia Furtado, Communications Coordinator, LA CoMotion: email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: September 20, 2017.