Position: Communications & Design Intern
Location: Montréal, Canada
About NewCities Foundation
NewCities is an independent and non-profit international organization whose mission is to make cities more inclusive, connected, healthy and vibrant. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. NewCities convenes some of the most highly-regarded events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. In all of our activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation’s head office is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
NewCities is looking for a Communications & Design Intern to join its team in Montréal, Canada as of March 5, 2018 for a period of 6 months. The intern will report directly to the Communications Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
Communications & Public Relations
- Assist the Communications Manager with daily public relations, social media and communications tasks
- Support the daily management of NewCities social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr
- Update media lists and research new press contacts in strategic locations
- Daily monitoring of urban issues in international press: smart cities, infrastructure, climate change, mobility, affordable housing, citizen engagement, etc.
Design & Web
- Assist the Graphic & Web Designer with design tasks (brochures, logo design, infographics etc)
- Working with WordPress to update the website on a regular basis
- Working with MailChimp to create monthly newsletters
- Assist with new website designs
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Spanish or Arabic is an asset
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working with WordPress (or other CMS) and HTML
- Interest in cities and the urban agenda
- Six-month internship from March 4 – August 31, 2018
- 15h-20h / week
- Flexible working hours during school
- Monthly stipend
- Bring your own device (ideally equipped with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Candidates must have valid papers to work in Quebec, Canada
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full-time student
Please send your cover letter and CV to Andreia Furtado, Communications Manager: email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Friday, February 15, 2018.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.