Position: Events Intern (Full Time)
Location: Montréal, Canada
Dates: April 23 – July 22
NewCities is a global non-profit organization committed to shaping a better urban future. NewCities convenes leading events on urban innovation. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. In all of its activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
The Events Intern Position
The NewCities Foundation is looking for an Events Intern to join the team in Montreal. The Events Intern will report to the Director of Research & Events and will work closely with the NewCities events and project staff. The Events Intern will have the responsibility to help implement NewCities’ world-class events. Specifically, the Events Intern will support the coordination of NewCities’ upcoming events, urbAIn Paris on May 21st and The Wellbeing Cities Forum on June 19-20 in Montreal. Interning at NewCities is a great opportunity for hardworking, motivated individuals looking for hands-on experience in a fast-growing non-profit organization.
- Work closely with the Events team in designing and implementing the concept and format for NewCities events
- Coordinate the organisation of events including invitation/registration process, events production and logistics
- Maintain an active idea base of potential speakers, themes, formats for events
- Work closely with the NewCities communications team to ensure maximum press coverage and impact for each event
- Manage contacts lists and record keeping in the database
- Coordinate all post-event duties including thank you notes, post-event surveys and communication materials (reports, videos etc.)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (ex: Urban Studies, Political Sciences, International Relations, Communication)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in events/projects coordination or relevant field. Experience working internationally is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills including both verbal and written English and French
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic, proactive, creative, flexible
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Database skills
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as needed
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email by April 12, 2019 to Hannah McCasland, firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Events Intern’ in the subject line.