Position: Executive and Project Assistant
Location: Montréal, Canada
About the NewCities Foundation
NewCities is a global non-profit organization committed to shaping a better urban future.
NewCities convenes the leading events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. In all of its activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
NewCities is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic young professional to join its team in Montréal. The Executive and Project Assistant will assist the team on various projects as well as providing administrative support to the Chairman and the Executive Director.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help us shape the urban future, working in a stimulating multi-cultural environment.
A. 50% of Assistant’s time on project coordination: Collaborate with the Foundation’s team, contributing to entire projects lifecycle:
- Assist with contacts research, correspondence with participants and partners
- Support the Foundation in its fundraising and reporting activities
- Coordinate events invitation/registration process
- Coordinate logistics for events, including social events, travel, accommodation and catering
- Manage contacts list and record keeping in the database
B. 50% of Assistant’s time on providing administrative support:
- Provide administrative support to the Chairman and the Executive Director
- Manage schedules, coordinate meetings/conferences and travel arrangements
- Assisting the Chairman and the Executive Director on a variety of projects, including preparation of meeting material, conference speeches, etc.
- Manage the office (supplies, equipment, etc.)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 1 year’ experience in a field related to urbanism, international affairs and/or business and administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Database management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team, as well as independently
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Fluent in French and in English (written + spoken)
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email by April 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Executive and Project Assistant’ in the subject line.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.