Position: Program Coordinator
Location: Montréal, Canada
Application Deadline: January 5th, 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Founded in 2010, NewCities is an international, independent nonprofit committed to shaping a better urban future. We have 10 years of experience curating and producing some of the most innovative content in the world about key emerging urban trends. We do this through our events, our knowledge-sharing platforms, and actionable research. NewCities brings a ‘whole-city’ approach – we convene and connect what we see as a team: the residents, governments, academic institutions, civil society organizations, and business communities of a city. Our activities are inspired and supported by our global network of members, who share their expertise and insights with us to determine the most pressing topics in cities.
For more information visit www.newcities.org.
CoMotion is a global platform where the most innovative transportation and technology companies, as well as civic and business leaders from across the mobility ecosystem explore, collaborate, and interact to share ideas and make deals.
The Program Coordinator
The NewCities Foundation and CoMotion are looking for a Program Coordinator to join the team in Montreal. The Program Coordinator will report to the Director of CoMotion Initiative and the Chief Operation Officer and will work closely with the NewCities events and project staff. The Program Coordinator will have the responsibility to help implement all CoMotion events. Specifically, the Program Coordinator will support the coordination of CoMotion’s upcoming 2020 events; CoMotion Miami (attracting 600 participants) on April 2-3 and CoMotion LA (attracting 2000 participants) in November.
- Design and implement the concept and format for CoMotion events
- Maintain an active idea base of potential speakers, themes, formats for events
- Invite speakers and manage all speaker communications:
- Coordinate speakers within program from start to finish (placing in program, creating and sending speaker briefs)
- Coordinate speaker logistics (confirming travel details, booking hotel rooms, registering speakers to events)
- Coordinate with key partners who are hosting workshops and/or speaking
- Coordinate all program sessions including workshops, panels, and site visits
- Coordinate with production team to ensure the venue/event provides all program needs
- Work closely with the CoMotion communications team to coordinate website updates, newsletter updates, and ensure maximum press coverage and impact for each event
- Coordinate all post-event duties including thank you notes, post-event surveys, event debriefs etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (ex: Urban Studies, Political Sciences, International Relations, Communication); Demonstrated interest in urban mobility preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in events coordination or program curation (can include internships, volunteer work, etc)
- Outstanding communication skills – native English speaker preferred – and ability to communicate with very high level individuals
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills – ideally with a background/vested interest in urban mobility
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic, proactive and creative
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Database skills
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in high pressure environments
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as needed and travel internationally if required
- Must be eligible to work in Quebec
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter (in English) by January 5th, 2020 to email@example.com and with the subject line “Program Coordinator”.