Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Montréal, Canada
About the NewCities Foundation
NewCities is a global non-profit organization committed to shaping a better urban future.
NewCities convenes the leading events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. In all of its activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
NewCities is looking for a dynamic, multi-skilled, entrepreneurial and creative junior professional to join its team in Montréal. Reporting to the Director of Research and Events, the Project Coordinator will handle and contribute to a variety of projects (events and initiatives).
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help us shape the urban future, working in a stimulating multi-cultural environment.
- Participate in the design and implementation of all NewCities led programs and activities, this mainly includes events and programs
- Daily project management and administration
- Play an important role in orchestrating world-class conversations to shape the urban future, including the Foundation’s flagship event, the NewCities Summit.
- Coordinate the organisation of events including, invitation/registration process, events production and logistics
- Maintain close and positive contact with projects partners
- Support the Foundation in its fundraising and reporting activities
- Work closely with the NewCities communications team to ensure maximum press coverage and impact for each event/activity
- Manage contacts list and record keeping in the database
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (ex: Political Sciences, International Relations, Communication)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in events/projects coordination or relevant field. Experience working internationally is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills including both verbal and written English; Fluent in French is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic, proactive, creative, flexible
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Database skills
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email by April 15, 2018 to email@example.com with ‘Project Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.