Position: Development & Partnership Manager
Location: Montréal, Canada
About NewCities Foundation
NewCities is an independent and non-profit international organization whose mission is to make cities more inclusive, connected, healthy and vibrant. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. NewCities convenes some of the most highly-regarded events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. In all of our activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation’s head office is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
NewCities is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic development professional to join its team in Montréal. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development & Partnership Manager will handle the Foundation’s development and fundraising effort.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help us shape the urban future, working in a stimulating multi-cultural environment.
70% of Manager’s time on new revenues: The Manager will develop a strategy with the right tools and contacts to attract new sources of funding from corporate, philanthropic, individual and public sources, to reach the Foundation’s growth objectives:
- Refine the Foundation’s fundraising strategy, material and pitch
- Identify and contact potential decision makers within prospect organizations
- Prepare meetings and calls with these prospects including meeting pitch and material, carefully tailored to prospect companies’ strategies and needs
- Take part in these meetings or calls and follow up as appropriate
- Target and attend conferences in order to sign new members or partners and/or to solidify existing relationships
- Keep carefully organized records and files with contacts for each prospect
- Provide insight and research to explore new funding sources for either existing or new initiatives
- Ensure to reach the Foundation’s new revenues objectives
30% of the Manager’s time on current Members and Partners: the Manager will oversee relations with all existing NewCities members and partners to ensure that each of them feels they are getting value from their investments in the Foundation:
- Maintain communications with all members and partners both as a group and personally in order to expand and deepen relationships
- Seek the views and inputs of all members on NewCities activities, events and projects
- Make sure that members and partners are involved in the Foundation’s publications and communications work
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in business management, public affairs, urban affairs, political science or a related field required.
- 3-5 years of relevant fundraising and donor development experience working mainly with the international corporate sector. Experience in a nonprofit environment and international organizations is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills required in English and French, both verbally and in writing, with strong client service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain sound relationships with representatives from nonprofit and private sectors at the international level
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding performance targets for new partnership acquisition
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Dynamic, proactive, creative, flexible
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email by September 30, 2017 to email@example.com with ‘Development and Partnership Manager’ in the subject line.