[Open] Events Intern
NewCities is a global non-profit organization committed to shaping a better urban future. We have a decade’s experience curating and producing innovative content about the most important emerging urban trends. We do this through our events, our knowledge-sharing platforms, and actionable research.
CoMotion is a global event, digital media and advisory platform at the heart of New Mobility. CoMotion works to forge powerful connections between the world’s most innovative companies and civic leaders and investors from across the mobility ecosystem.
Position: Events Intern (Part-time through April; Full-time in May and June); Must be a student to apply
Location: Remote, but ideally based in Montreal, Quebec
Application Deadline: March 1 at 5PM ET
Dates: As soon as possible to end of June, with possibility to extend
The Events Intern Position:
The NewCities Foundation and CoMotion are looking for an Intern to join the team! The Intern will be overseen by and will work closely with the CoMotion Program Coordinator. The Events Intern will have the responsibility to help implement CoMotions’ world-class events. Specifically, the Events Intern will support the coordination of CoMotion MIAMI on June 16-17, 2021. Interning with NewCities and CoMotion is a great opportunity for hardworking, motivated individuals looking for hands-on experience in a fast-growing organization.
- Assist in coordinating the organization of the event, including online registration process, organizing speaker and promotional materials, and regularly updating virtual event platform
- Contribute in programming content for conferences, including theme ideas, panel blurbs, workshop ideas, and speaker research
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator to liaise with event speakers and workshop hosts, answering all questions and providing all relevant information
- Manage contact lists and record keeping in Google Drive
- Support in coordination of all post-event duties including thank you notes, post-event surveys and communication materials (reports, videos, etc.)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a degree in a relevant field (ex: Urban Studies, Political Sciences, International Relations, History, Communications, Events Management or Planning)
- Experience in project coordinating or organizing convenings such as conferences, events, webinars, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, especially with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dynamic, proactive, creative
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Willingness to work flexible hours around event days
- Experience working in an international setting
- Experience working with high-level stakeholders
- Fluency in other languages
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Anthea Zeng, by March 1, 2021 at 5 PM ET.
We look forward to reading your profile!