Position: Executive Director
Location: Montréal, Canada
About the NewCities Foundation
NewCities is an independent and non-profit international organization whose mission is to make cities more inclusive, connected, healthy and vibrant. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. NewCities convenes some of the most highly-regarded events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. In all of our activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation’s head office is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
Reporting directly to the Chairman of NewCities and the Board of Directors, and working closely with the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will be expected to manage the Foundation and directly contribute to its growth. The Executive Director will oversee and take part in all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and projects.
The person we are looking for is a leader, a manager and a proven communicator. She/he has significant international experience, the skills and experience needed to manage a growing organization and to build and maintain key relationships with diverse interlocutors.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
- Define and implement NewCities’ strategy, working closely with the Chairman and the Board
- Oversee NewCities’ day-to-day operations
- Manage the team and define the hiring priorities
- Supervise NewCities’ events and research projects design and implementation
- Monitor NewCities’ operational budget
- Lead the Foundation’s revenue generation and development efforts (membership, sponsorships and other sources of revenue)
- Manage and supervise NewCities brand development and communications strategy
- Acts as an official representative of NewCities at strategic gatherings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years’ work experience including 5 years’ in a top management position in international and/or nonprofit and/or governmental organizations, international development & fundraising, strategic planning, program management, research, local politics
- Experience in team management and leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communicator with unparalleled ease on stage with a global audience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain sound relationships with representatives from public and private sectors at the international level
- Dynamic, proactive, creative, flexible
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in English is mandatory, French is a plus
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email to email@example.com with ‘Executive Director’ in the subject line.