Position: Project Manager, Research
Location: Montréal, Canada
About the NewCities Foundation
NewCities is an independent and non-profit international organization whose mission is to make cities more inclusive, connected, healthy and vibrant. We conduct pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launch initiatives to drive urban progress, and build, empower, and convene a global network in support of our goals. NewCities convenes some of the most highly-regarded events on urban innovation, including the annual NewCities Summit. In all of our activities, NewCites works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation’s head office is based in Montréal.
Please visit www.newcities.org for more information.
NewCities is looking for a project manager, passionate about international urban issues to join its team in Montréal. Reporting to the Director of Research and Events, the Project Manager will be responsible for designing and pitching project ideas and managing the implementation of launched projects.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help us shape the urban future, working in a stimulating multi-cultural environment.
- Manage NewCities’ research activities and projects, including monitoring current activities, identifying new areas and models of research, and building external relationships.
- Develop research initiatives related to our twelve fields of engagement: Citizen Engagement; Inclusion; Well-being; Economic Development; Built Environment; Greenfield Cities; Mobility; Place-Making; Sustainability; Resilience; Financing Strategies; and Security
- Identify potential funders and opportunities for collaboration with corporate, charitable, and government organizations who would be interested in partnering on proposed research initiatives.
- Lead the pitching and fundraising effort for research and urban innovation projects
- Consult members regularly and develop research proposals that speak to their needs and objectives
- Develop new avenues of funding and new partnership models for research at NewCities
- Work with the communications team to develop presentation materials and proposals to pitch project ideas to potential partners and funders
- Set and manage projects budgets
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree required in Urban Studies or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in project design and management. Experience in managing projects related to innovation, urbanism, technology is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and corporate outreach
- Demonstrated experience in managing project budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic, proactive, creative, flexible
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working internationally
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
Please send a CV and a detailed cover letter or email by September 15, 2017 to email@example.com with ‘Project Manager, Research’ in the subject line.