Careers: Web and Graphic Designer
Founded in 2010, NewCities is an international, independent nonprofit committed to shaping a better urban future. We have 10 years of experience curating and producing innovative content about key emerging urban trends. We do this through our events, our knowledge-sharing platforms, and actionable research. NewCities brings a ‘whole-city’ approach – we convene and connect the key players: the residents, governments, academic institutions, civil society organizations, and business communities of a city. Our activities are inspired and supported by our global network of members, who share their expertise and insights with us to determine the most pressing topics in cities.
NewCities has an 8 member team, and currently organizes between 3 to 6 events per year and publishes between 1 and 2 research reports per year.
For more information visit www.newcities.org.
NewCities is looking for a creative passionate person to join its communications team. Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Media Relations, the Web and Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing engaging, and on-brand assets for a variety of media; such as web & social, brochures, presentations, (virtual) events materials, while following/establishing processes, and assisting the communications team.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, innovative and well-defined graphic design language for the organization brand,
- Working across a range of media disciplines to design all visual branding and marketing material for NewCities initiatives and events (including: logos, event branding, printed and electronic booklets, brochures, presentations, newsletter, videos and animations).
- Interest for video production and editing
- Research and remain abreast of developments and trends in graphic design and present innovative ideas for the team to consider
- Managing the daily updating and troubleshooting of the NewCities website and other event websites
- Maintaining the security of all NewCities websites and email accounts
- Managing the design and publishing of the NewCities thought leadership editorial: the Big Picture
- Designing and building new web pages, web platforms, and newsletters
- Monitoring and reporting analytics
Profile we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level in Graphic Design, or related field
- 2-3 years work experience in a Graphic & Web design position
- An outstanding portfolio to demonstrate key skills
- Advanced knowledge of vector graphic softwares (Adobe Suite or Sketch, Figma, Canva)
- Extensive experience of using content management systems within dynamic and evolving environments; including experience of using WordPress, HTML and Filezilla or other FTP application, with an in-depth understanding of coding, plugins & widgets
- Comfortable with Mailchimp or other newsletter tools; Knowledge of G Suite
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Look at aesthetics with an analytical eye and have a sharp sense of details
- Proficient in English. French is a plus
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Salary based on experience
- Access to NewCities’ health and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policy
Aimed start date: in October 2020
Please send your CV and cover letter (in english) along with a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Web and Graphic Designer’ in the subject line by September 25, 2020. We will review applications on a rolling basis.