Global Urban Innovators
Startups and social enterprises transforming cities everywhere.
Since 2016, NewCities has recognized trailblazing startups and social enterprises creatively applying technology to tackle pressing urban challenges.
Our GUI community leads the worldwide conversation on cities and innovation by introducing new ideas and tools for achieving impact at the urban scale. Startups committed to improving city life face a unique challenge: finding the sweet spot between suitability — meeting a clear need— and sustainability, both environmentally and operationally.
NewCities creates value by bridging relationships and sharing learnings between our Global Urban Innovators and our international community of business leaders, government decision-makers, and progressive thinkers.
Our Global Urban Innovators program is open to any company or social enterprise founded within the past five years and committed to sustainable, equitable solutions for transforming city life, especially those focused on specific Sustainable Development Goals:
Benefits for Global Urban Innovators:
- Refine the ability to tell their stories from the broader perspective of common urban challenges;
- Connect with cities and companies in the NewCities network to build leads and opportunities;
- Engage online, participating in our programs and events while sharing insights on across our platforms.
- “To be on this global stage, have a chance to meet with mayors, city managers, corporations, Insurance, and share our technology, that’s the biggest frog leap we can have.” Eyal Feder, ZenCity
- “The NewCities team did a really incredible job bringing us together and has created many amazing opportunities for us to engage with different stakeholders that otherwise would be very hard to reach.” Devin De Vries, Co-Founder, WhereIsMyTransport.
Global Urban Innovator Membership starts at $5,000.
Contact Holly Hixson, our Project Coordinator, holly.hixson(at)newcities.org, for more information!
We look forward to working with you!
Featured photo by Joseph Chan on Unsplash.