Application deadline: January 8, 2022
Aimed start date: February 2022
We are looking for a person who will manage the day-to-day of our office in Montreal and will facilitate the execution of our team. If you are results-driven, thrive in a fast-moving environment, and have a self-managed approach to work, this is a great opportunity for you.
NewCities is an international non-profit organization based in Canada dedicated to making cities more resilient, connected, inclusive, and healthy. Focusing on people, places, and policies, its mission is to bring communities together to enable transformative processes and positive impact through tailored events, engagement opportunities, actionable research, and editorial features. The team currently concentrates on housing, transportation, and building resilience.
If you join us you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds in environmental studies, urban planning, architecture, community work, marketing, women and gender studies, human-centered design, and engagement skills. Our work is guided by the following values: trust, inclusion, connection, impact, and empathy.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Implement established policies and procedures, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow when identified
- Coordinate internal and external resources – including IT needs-, and cultivate relationships with members, clients, and collaborators
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Processing and filing invoices, following up on payments, carry on bank deposits, preparing manual cheques, tracking loans
- Coordinate with external CPA, supporting bookkeeping and budgeting
- Updating of office records and databases that contain personnel, financial, and office data
- Coordinate employee insurance -including renewals and updates-, employees’ visas when needed, and bank processes
- Support Executive Director to carry on annual reports, communications with the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, and legal processes
- Support Project managers to elaborate and update contracts
- Conducting research and constructing reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive team
- Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field
- 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role that demonstrates fulfilling the above responsibilities
- Must have exceptional attention to detail while having the ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Embraces transparency and is accountable
- Must be a self-starter, curious, and driven person looking to maintain processes, optimize approaches and maximize the team’s wellbeing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in an empathetic way
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team: acknowledges the importance of each team members, supports all members of the team and enables them to succeed
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to conduct research and create reports or presentations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keeping calm
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Bilingual English & French
- Salary range 40,000-46,000 CAD
- Work 35-40 hours per week
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Access to NewCities’ health and dental insurance
- Work with a great, creative, and motivated international team
- Wellbeing stipend
- Flexible office hours, including remote and in-person work. Our coworking space is located in the heart of Mile End.
This job description allows the candidate to grow and activities to evolve over time. The successful candidate is flexible and open to developing new skills and growing professionally.
Please send a CV and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Office Manager’ in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
At NewCities, we’re committed to building a diverse team where every individual feels valued, respected, and supported, to achieve our new mission and make an impact. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.