Explore how artificial intelligence is shaping city life
urbAIn is a series of unique, one-day events gathering 100-150 city leaders and innovators to explore the many ways in which artificial intelligence (AI) is changing city life.
Tech companies big and small are coming up with new AI-based solutions that are transforming urban life in all aspects: mobility, health, civic engagement, placemaking and energy management, among others.
Local governments across the globe are beginning to use AI in their daily management and operations. This deployment of AI tools in cities requires in-depth, multi-sectoral partnerships. We must initiate and continue key conversations around the future of AI in cities to promote these essential collaborations.
To truly engage with and embrace these innovations in cities, we need to demonstrate the opportunities that lay in AI, design a framework of implementation, and bring the necessary actors into the conversation.
The key objectives of our global series urbAIn are:
- To explore the existing solutions and prospects of urban AI — and evaluate their limits;
- To create a space for tech companies, service providers, public officials, civil society, and academics to work hand in hand;
- To define the ideal ecosystem enabling the successful integration of AI in cities.
Each event will focus on an area of AI addressing contextual challenges and close to the heart of local innovation.
- Paris, May 2019 — AI, cities, & climate change
- Los Angeles, September 2019 — AI for urban wellbeing
The first edition of our urbAIn series took place on March 27, 2018 in Montreal, Canada. Click here for more information about the event’s program.
Global Supporting Partner
Support this Initiative
If you to join us in this conversation about artificial intelligence and the city, there are partnership, hosting, media and sponsorship opportunities available. For more information, please reach out to Esther Perrin, Project Coordinator at NewCities: email@example.com.