Laureate cities will have a chance to:
- showcase their city’s most inspiring initiatives on a global stage;
- partake in an extensive global media campaign spearheaded by NewCities;
- inspire and be inspired by what others are doing around the world. NewCities will produce a report compiling case studies from the finalist cities and highlighting best practices, lessons learnt and replicable initiatives;
- access NewCities’ extensive network of urban leaders worldwide, and be invited to speak at relevant urban innovation events organized by NewCities and partners.
- be at the heart of a global conversation on a key urban issue. Participation in the Award will spark enriching discussions within and across the cities.
The overall winner will benefit from all of the above, as well as:
- be recognized as the Wellbeing City 2019.
- present its initiatives and leadership during the Wellbeing City Award Ceremony in the Spring of 2019.
- present its initiatives and leadership during the Singapore OpenGov Leadership Forum 2019.
In addition, the application process will be valuable in itself. Applicants will be guided by prompts and questions that provide a framework to reflect on the complex notion of wellbeing. Applying to the award provides a unique self-audit opportunity for your community.