How to apply
Applications for the 2020 edition are now closed. Stay tuned for the announcement of finalists!
The application process
The laureates of the Wellbeing Cities Award will be selected based on a two-round application process. Following the first round of applications, NewCities and the partners of the Award will evaluate and select finalists in each category. Finalist cities will then be invited to submit more information on their initiative during a second round. Our Jury will then select the five category laureates of the 2020 Wellbeing Cities Award. The laureates will be publicly announced during the Wellbeing Cities Forum which will take place on 16-17th June, 2020 in Montréal, QC.
Scroll down for the full timeline of the 2020 Wellbeing Cities Award.
Find out more on the application process, the categories and criteria of the Award, and the questions contained by reading the Applicant’s guide and its attached FAQ.
Laureates cities are selected by NewCities and its collaborators based on achievement; levels of inclusivity and collaboration with local stakeholders; demonstrated leadership and commitment to wellbeing; and inspiration for others through sharing best practices.
The Wellbeing Cities Award recognizes five cities for their achievements in distinct categories:
- Integrating nature and biodiversity,
- Planning for better urban health,
- Building a vibrant urban economy,
- Supporting cohesive communities,
- Prioritizing wellbeing.
- December 2019 - Nominations by the Wellbeing Cities Award Advisory Board
- January 8th to February 5th, 2020 - Call for applications - First round
- Early February 2020 - Selection of finalists
- Mid-February to Early March 2020 - Second round of applications from finalists
- Mid-March to Early April 2020 - Evaluation and selection by Jury
- June 16-17, 2020 - Montréal, QC - Announcement of laureates at the Wellbeing Cities Forum
- Summer and Fall 2020 - Ongoing recognition and support of laureate cities