NewCities official statement on COVID-19
March 18, 2020
COVID-19 is an unprecedented challenge for urban societies everywhere. As an institution convening key stakeholders of the urban ecosystem, we are closely following recommendations and monitoring updates from the World Health Organization and the Events Industry Council. Furthermore, because of our strong commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #3 (“Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages”), NewCities is:
- following recommendations of local authorities in terms of attendance regulations,
- holding events in cities that have few to no cases,
- staying in touch with local public health officials and establishing preventive action against the spread of the virus.
We are monitoring the situation very closely to keep our audience, partners, members, and participants updated on the following NewCities events:
- [Postponed from April 15-16, 2020 to September 22-23, 2020]
“New Urban Champions: A Conference Reimagining the Future of St Louis.”
Location: St. Louis, Missouri. Limitation: 75 participants.
- June 4, 2020: “New Housing Solutions”
Location: Dallas, TX. Limitation: 120 participants.
- June 16-17, 2020: “The Wellbeing Cities Forum”
Location: Montréal. Limitation: 250 participants.
In the case of an event being postponed or canceled, we will update this statement.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact our team directly.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay positive, and follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.