The L.A. New Mobility Challenge
Are you a startup working in urban mobility?
Enter our competition >>
The Challenge will identify and reward the world’s most exciting mobility startups during LA CoMotion.
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) and the NewCities Foundation have launched a call for submissions for the L.A. New Mobility Challenge to identify innovative zero emissions transportation technologies and shared mobility solutions.
The global startup competition will be held in conjunction with the LA CoMotion Expo and Conference on the future of urban mobility, taking place November 15-19, 2017 in downtown Los Angeles.
The five focus areas of the Challenge will be:
- Shared Mobility – Ride sharing, car sharing, short-term, as needed mobility solutions
- Personal Mobility – Bikes, scooters, skateboards, individual modes of transit
- Electrification – Electric vehicles, charging systems, energy storage
- Autonomous Vehicles – AI, LIDAR, smart mapping, vehicle integration
- Smart Infrastructure – Smart parking, IoT, traffic systems, MaaS
All finalists will receive exhibition space and inclusion in the conference at no cost, the ability to exhibit in the public Expo on November 17th and 18th and on the Street of the Future, designed by Gensler. Finalists also have the chance to win $15,000 as the Challenge Champion with $2,500 prizes for category winners, in-kind support from sponsors or partners, membership to LACI’s business incubation program, access to the La Kretz Innovation Campus, and/or equipment use in LACI’s Advanced Prototyping Center.
Submission deadline is September 29, 2017.
Click here for more information on how to apply and for selection criteria.